ExSteel Building Components is committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees, customers, contractors, visitors, and members of the community. We will make every effort to provide a safe, healthy work environment. Our ultimate goal is to prevent occupational injury and illness.
As a company we are committed to:
- Incorporating health and safety considerations into daily job duties and business decisions
- Meeting or exceeding applicable health and safety laws, regulations and our own related Policies & Procedures
- Developing and/or participating in training and education programs to reduce health and safety risks and promote wellness both on and off the job
- Encouraging employees to discuss all health and safety concerns with their supervisors and to use their Joint Health and Safety Committee effectively
- Designing procedures and equipment in a safe manner
- Assessing and controlling hazards in the workplace
- Taking every reasonable precaution to protect the health and safety of every person who enters our facility.
As the employer, we are ultimately responsible for the health and safety of every individual who enters our facility; however, everyone must take an active role in protecting themselves and those around them.
Supervisors must take every precaution reasonable to protect the health and safety of their employees and will be held accountable. They are responsible to ensure that the workplace is safe, that workers are properly trained for their duties, and that anyone who enters the facility is following established safety practices and procedures.
Workers must protect their own health and safety by working in compliance with the law and with safe work practices and procedures established by the Company. They must also advise the company if they witness any activity that could infringe on the health and safety of those in our facility.
Visitors, including customers and contractors, must follow our policies and procedures to protect not only their own health and safety,but that of our employees.
It is in the best interest of all parties to consider health and safety in every activity. Commitment to health and safety must form an integral part of every facet of the organization.
co.President, External Relations